Protecting your investment in intellectual property
内蒙古快三专家预测 www.v6hfk.cn At King & Wood Mallesons, we make it our business to understand the value of our clients’ intellectual property.
The difference lies at the heart of our approach. We believe that in a world where many things look and feel the same, how you make your mark is what truly defines you. With innovation and marketing the new battlegrounds, safeguarding your creativity and protecting your innovations helps you develop your brand.
With wide experience and with specialists across all IP rights, we deliver strategic advice designed to maximise our clients’ IP assets, from concept to commercialisation and enforcement. At the forefront of market and legal developments, clients call upon our first-class technical and scientific backgrounds and the integrated offering of our IP management, advisory and litigation practice to solve their most complex challenges.
We represent some of the world’s leading technology and pharmaceutical companies, across all aspects of intellectual property law. We can advise you on planning your IP strategy, entering new markets, procuring rights, reducing your risk and – when needed – on litigation work to enforce your rights.
We frequently act for some of the most famous house-hold brands in the world including acting for: Lion Nathan, adidas AG, Nestlé, the University of Sydney, Colgate-Palmolive, Telstra, Optiver, BskyB, Nintendo, Ralph Lauren, HTC, Ranbaxy, IBM, ABB, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, Philips and Emerson.
Recent work highlights include advising:
- IBM on patent drafting, patent filing and patent prosecution
- ABB on patent drafting, patent filing, patent prosecution, FTO opinion, patent invalidation and patent litigation
- Nokia on patent drafting, patent filing, patent prosecution, patent invalidation and patent litigation
- Lion Nathan on their strategic brand campaigns including the fight to register “Extra Dry” as well as the first High Court case on trade marks in over 10 years - the Barefoot wine non-use dispute
- Colgate-Palmolive on the Australian launch of Colgate Sensitive ProRelief, a major new sensitive toothpaste using patented technology
- BSkyB, the UK’s leading pay TV broadcaster, in a number of high profile trade mark disputes including successful proceedings against Microsoft’s SkyDrive and proceedings brought against Sky following its launch of Now TV
- Nintendo on a wide range of IP matters in the EU, including representing Nintendo in two references to the Court of Justice of the European Union relating to the EU regime for protecting technological measures for video games
- Ralph Lauren on its EU trade mark portfolio and protecting its IP rights against third parties, including a number of successful decisions before the General Court of the Court of Justice.
Show moreShow less
A knowledgeable, experienced team
Our IP lawyers join forces to handle cross-border transactions and assist multinational companies. We share insight and expertise across our network to benefit all our clients, wherever they are based. And in China, our intellectual property practice includes former judges. Their experience behind the bench is key to our winning formula – they can guide us on how the courts think, and guide us as to which issues the court will focus on.
"This firm has an outstanding presence in the IP arena, covering the full breadth of both contentious and non-contentious matters."